Portuguese Gaspacho Fresh Tomato and Bread Soup
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- green bell pepper, seeded, cored and coarsely chopped
- tomatoes, large, coarsely chopped
- cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 5 c
- 1/4 c
- white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 tsp
- chopped fresh coriander
- 1 pinch
- coarsely ground pepper
- 4 oz
- day-old french or italian bread, cut in 1-inch cubes. about 4 cups
How to Make Portuguese Gaspacho Fresh Tomato and Bread Soup
- 1In a large bowl, mash garlic and salt until paste-like. Add green bell pepper, tomatoes and cucumber. Toss gently breaking up- tomatoes with back of spoon.
- 2Add water, vinegar and olive oil. Stir to mix. Sprinkle with coriander and black pepper.
- 3Place pieces of bread over top, cover and let stand for 20 minutes, or until bread is softened. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt, pepper and vinegar if necessary. Serve immediately.