1 boxpotato onion pierogies
1/2 cchopped onions
1 ccabbage , finely chopped
3 1/2 cchicken broth
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Pierogie Soup
- Cut each pierogie lengthwise, then 3 times crosswise, so each will be cut into 8 pieces.( partially thaw them for a few minutes and they will be easier to cut)
- In a soup pot, melt the butter. Add the chopped onion and cabbage; sauté for 5-7 minutes or until onions are translucent. Do not brown.
- Add the pierogies and chicken broth.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk and cheese. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.