Italian Sausage & Gnocchi Soup
- 8 oz
- italian pork sausage (two 4 oz. links)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 c
- 1 can(s)
- (14 oz.) beef broth
- 1 can(s)
- (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 Tbsp
- tomato paste
- 1 pkg
- (16 oz.) gnocchi
- 2 oz
- fresh chopped spinach leaves
- 1/2 can(s)
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese, divided
How to Make Italian Sausage & Gnocchi Soup
- 1Do not remove casings from links. Cook sausage in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until just browned, turning them over once. Remove from pan and let cool slightly on a cutting board. Slice links into 1/4 inch slices.
- 2Add oil to the same pot and stir in shallot and garlic and cook until the shallot begins to soften.
- 3Add water, broth, tomatoes (and their juice), and tomato paste; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Add sliced links, gnocchi and spinach and cook until the gnocchi float to the top, about 8-10 minutes.
- 5Stir in cream and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- 6Ladle into 4 bowls and top each with 1/8 cup grated Parmesan. Serve -