☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1litre of young nettles, preferably tops.
·irish rapeseed oil
1/2cup of lovage
1/4cup wild garlic
3cups chopped white potatoes
1litre of fresh vegetable stock
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Irish - Nettle Soup
- Pick 1 liter of young nettles, preferably tops. Be careful, the leaves sting so pick from the stem. Wash and separate leaves from stem.
- In a soup pot, drizzle a few tablespoons of Irish rapeseed oil. Add to it 4 washed and chopped leeks, 1 1/2 cups of Lovage, 1/4 cup wild garlic leaves.
- Let cook until greens are wilted then add 3 cups chopped white potatoes.
- Cook for a few minutes then add 1 litre of fresh vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer, cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add nettles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Puree soup and add sea salt and cracked black pepper.