☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- litre of young nettles, preferably tops.
- irish rapeseed oil
- cup of lovage
- cup wild garlic
- cups chopped white potatoes
- litre of fresh vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Irish - Nettle Soup
- 1Pick 1 liter of young nettles, preferably tops. Be careful, the leaves sting so pick from the stem. Wash and separate leaves from stem.
- 2In a soup pot, drizzle a few tablespoons of Irish rapeseed oil. Add to it 4 washed and chopped leeks, 1 1/2 cups of Lovage, 1/4 cup wild garlic leaves.
- 3Let cook until greens are wilted then add 3 cups chopped white potatoes.
- 4Cook for a few minutes then add 1 litre of fresh vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer, cook until potatoes are tender.
- 5Add nettles and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Puree soup and add sea salt and cracked black pepper.