Hungarian Potato Soup
- large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp
- freshly chopped parsley
- medium onion, finely diced
- 2 or 3
- carrots sliced
- parsnip (left whole if you do not like it or sliced if you do)
- cauliflower, cut into small floretes
- capsicum (bell pepper... piece left whole)
- 1 Tbsp
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- sour cream
- you can add other veggies too if you want like sweet potato or swede or turnip or broccoli but always use the above veggies as a base soup
How to Make Hungarian Potato Soup
- 1Lightly fry the onion and parsley in the oil in a big pot.
When onion is see through add the diced veggies and stir.
- 2When the onion starts to have a bit of colour add the paprika and toast it for a sec or two till it is fragrant.
- 3Add enough water to it to just cover the veggies. Bring to the boil and then simmer slowly till veggies are cooked.
- 4When veggies are cooked crack all 4 eggs in to the soup, whole, one at a time. (like you would poach the egg) and gently simmer with lid on without stirring for a few mins for the egg to cook.
- 5Serve with crusty bread and a dollop of sour cream if you want! It is nice to actually over cook the potato just slightly as it gives the soup a sandy potato bottom... yum!!