Halloween Pumpkin Soup With Smoked Bacon
Blue Ribbon Recipe
When we first went to try this, we thought it would be slightly sweet. Our taste buds were nicely surprised at how savory this soup is! A really good creamy soup to enjoy on a cool fall day. The smoked bacon really added a depth of flavor everyone is sure to enjoy! The Test Kitchen
1 scoop(s)butter (about a teaspoon)
8 sliceraw smoked bacon diced
2 lbpumpkin fresh, peeled deseeded and cube (small size pumpkin)
1 Tbsptomato puree
2 ptchicken stock
2 slicesmoked bacon grilled + chopped for garnish
How to Make Halloween Pumpkin Soup With Smoked Bacon
- Melt the butter in large heavy-bottomed pot. Add onion dices, raw diced smoked bacon and pumpkin flesh.
- Sweat for about 6-8 minutes over med heat to release the flavours. Add the tomato puree and stir.
- Then pour in the stock and stir in the cream. Cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Liquidize with a hand blender and season to taste.
- TO SERVE = Pour soup into bowl and sprinkle the cooked bacon pieces on top. Serve with a warm slice of crusty garlic bread and enjoy..... :)