Green Soup (Plant-Based Recipe)
After I have had this for a couple meals, I will then add black beans, etc. to change it up a bit. I have never been disappointed in the taste.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2yellow onions, chopped
1/4 carborio rice
1 lbgreens; chard, kale, mustard or beet
4 cvegetable broth
pinchbig pinch of spice (italian or cayenne pepper, etc)
How to Make Green Soup (Plant-Based Recipe)
- Combine 3 cups water, salt and rice in a soup pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, cover & cook 15 minutes.
- Coarsely chop greens and spinach. Trim ribs & tough stems. (I buy the 1# bag of cleaned and chopped greens at Publix).
- When rice has cooked 15 minutes, stir in greens, onion, broth and spice.
- Return to simmer, cover & cook 25 minutes.
- Add spinach. Return to simmer, cover & cook til spinach is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Puree with immersion blender.
- Note: This make a large batch of soup. To change it up you can add black beans, ravioli, etc to provide some variety.