Green Soup (Plant-Based Recipe)
After I have had this for a couple meals, I will then add black beans, etc. to change it up a bit. I have never been disappointed in the taste.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- yellow onions, chopped
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 c
- arborio rice
- 1 lb
- greens; chard, kale, mustard or beet
- 14 c
- 4 c
- vegetable broth
- big pinch of spice (italian or cayenne pepper, etc)
How to Make Green Soup (Plant-Based Recipe)
- 1Combine 3 cups water, salt and rice in a soup pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, cover & cook 15 minutes.
- 2Coarsely chop greens and spinach. Trim ribs & tough stems. (I buy the 1# bag of cleaned and chopped greens at Publix).
- 3When rice has cooked 15 minutes, stir in greens, onion, broth and spice.
- 4Return to simmer, cover & cook 25 minutes.
- 5Add spinach. Return to simmer, cover & cook til spinach is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 6Puree with immersion blender.
- 7Note: This make a large batch of soup. To change it up you can add black beans, ravioli, etc to provide some variety.