★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspof butter or margarine
1/2 cchopped onion
2celery stocks, chopped
2 bunch(3) broccoli
4 cbeef stock or bouillon
1 1/2 chalf and half
1/4 tsptabasco sauce (optional)
·salt and pepper
How to Make Fresh Broccoli soup
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Sauté onion and celery until tender.
- Cut a piece of each broccoli stem off, leaving the stalks 4 to 5-inches long. Remove all leaves an and wash, chop broccoli into small pieces and add to saucepan.
Makes 6(1 1/2 cup)servings
- Add beef stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until broccoli pieces are tender,
- Puree in food processor or blender, cups at a time clean saucepan and return puree to pan.
- Add half and half, Hearing only until hot. Add salt and Pepper to taste. (Tabasco sauce, if desired)
- Makes 6(1 1/2 cup)servings