☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- beef; trimmed of fat and cut into small cubes
- ham bone or a few chunks of smoked ham
- 3 c
- 6 c
- beef stock
- bay leaves
- whole allspice
- salt and pepper
- garnish with dollops of sour cream
How to Make Finnish Sauerkraut Soup
- 1Place all ingredients into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer. partially covered, for about 2 1/2 hours over medium-low heat.
- 2Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove allspice and bay leaves.
- 3When ready to serve, ladle into bowls and top with a spoonful of thick sour cream.