EVELYN'S CABBAGE SOUP A LA ROBERT MONDAVI
- large head cabbage (quartered, then sliced)
- large carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- small yellow onions, peeled, quartered then sliced
- large can diced tomatoes
- large can tomato sauce
- whole garlic bulb, (yes the whole bulb) peeled and minced
- 6-8 c
- beef broth
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 c
- red wine (i used robert mondavi merlot)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- salt to taste
How to Make EVELYN'S CABBAGE SOUP A LA ROBERT MONDAVI
- 1Wash and cut up cabbage, carrots, dice garlic, measure spices. Prepare beef broth.
- 2Saute onions, garlic for about 5 minutes in olive oil til onion is limp. Add tomato sauce and can diced tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Then add EVERYTHING ELSE TO THE POT! Let it simmer for 45 min-1 hour.
- 3This soup is great with garlic toast! Bon Apetit!