Easy Pumpkin Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 32 oz
- carton fat free lower sodium chicken broth*
- 30 oz
- can 100% pure pumpkin
- shallots, finely diced (~ 1/2 cup)**
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Soup
- 1In a medium sauce pot, heat olive oil, add shallots and saute on medium heat a few minutes until soft and translucent.
- 2Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Whisk in smoked paprika(may want to start with 1 tbsp, and add more later to your tastes), then whisk in pumpkin. Add fresh cracked black pepper and salt to taste. Bring back to gentle boil then let simmer until desired thickness.
- 3Optional: serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream. To make a heartier soup, add in some cooked chopped/shredded roasted turkey or chicken, or cubed smoked ham.
*May substitute vegetable broth or water for chicken broth
**May substitute sweet onion or scallions for shallots