★★★★★ 1 vote5
- sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- onion, minced
- garlic clovers, minced
- 2" piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- curry powder
- 4 c
- vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Curried Sweet Potato and Apple Soup
- 1Heat 2T evoo in soup pot; add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the nutmeg, 1 1/4 teaspoons curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste and cook until toasted, 1 more minute.
- 2Add sweet potatoes and broth to the pot, cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium low and stir in the applesauce. Simmer, covered, until the sweet potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- 3Puree the soup with a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper; serve warm.