cauliflower and cheese soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largehead of cauliflowr
1 largesweet onion, chopped
2chicken boullion cubes
1 pinchred pepper flakes
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/8 tspground black pepper
1/2 camerican cheese, cubed
3 Tbspinstant mashed potatoes flakes
1 tspbacon drippings
How to Make cauliflower and cheese soup
- cut away leaves of cauliflower and end of stalk.
- cut "flowers" from the stem. slice the stem and cut it into cubes. cut the stems of the flowers in half lengthwise , cutting thru the flowers. leave pieces large. add to a 3 quart pot that has a lid. set aside.
- peel and dice the onion. add to the pot.
- add the water to the pot. place pot on high heat.
- add bouillon cubes, pepper flakes, garlic powder, and black pepper. stir in bacon drippings. cover and bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and cook, covered , for 20 minutes.
- meanwhile, cube your cheese and measure your potato flakes. after the soup has cooked for 20 minutes add the cheese and return the lid for about 2 minutes to melt the cheese. then stir in the potato flakes. Serve.