Butternut apple soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 largebutternut squash
2 mediumsweet onions
2 mediumsweet apples
1 qtchicken stock
8 ozhalf and half (fat free) optional addition
How to Make Butternut apple soup
- Cut squash in half, place open side up on cookie sheet, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. roast at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until soft and slightly browned.
- In as saucepan, saute chopped onions and apples in a little olive oil (or butter), until soft and onions are translucent. salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken stock, let simmer until slight boil.
- Scoop the roasted squash of of the shells and put into food processor, add chicken broth and apple and onion saute, puree until smooth.
- Return to pot and simmer for about 5 minutes. You can add half and half at this time. I have found the receipe just as delicious and creamy without the cream. experiment to see what you like.