Beefy-Minced Onion Soup Mix
Both the dehydratted onions and garlic slices are the cheapest at the dollar stores and big lots. Do yourself a favor though, buy a good brand of beef bouillon granules, it will make all the difference
- 1 1/2 c
- dried minced onion (either from dehydrator or store)
- 2/3 c
- beef bouillon granules
- 2/3 c
- onion powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- dehydrated garlic slices crushed (optional if you want garlicy, beefy onion soup mix)
How to Make Beefy-Minced Onion Soup Mix
- 2I use this soup mix in lots of recipes. I've included some of my family's favorites.
- 6Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
Brown 1 pound ground beef. Add 5 tablespoons Beefy Minced Onion Soup Mix, 1 small can evaporated milk, 1 can cream of mushroom soup. Pour into oven-proof
dish and top with frozen tater tots and shredded cheese to taste. Bake in 375 degree oven until heated through and tater tots are done.
Seasoned Roasted Potatoes
* 2 pounds potatoes (about 6 medium potatoes) cut into chunks
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Toss potatoes with oil, in a large bowl. Then add 4 or 5 tablespoons of soup mix and stir to coat all the potatoes. Pour into shallow baking dish. Bake at
450 degrees for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Chicken and Rice
Put 1 cup regular rice in roaster pan. Sprinkle with 5 tablespoons of onion soup mix. Cut up 1 stick oleo and put on top. Pour 3 cups of water over all.
Place 1 cut up fryer, or 6 - 8 drumsticks on top. Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Turn off oven and leave pan in oven for 1 hour. Delicious