- 7 ears
- fresh corn (or 1, 16 oz. package frozen corn)
- 9 c
- water (use 5 to 6 cups if using frozen corn). you can use chicken broth for 1/2 of the amount of liquid.
- 1, 19 oz
- container silken tofu
- 2/3 c
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 c
- thinly sliced scallion greens ( fresh spring onion greens)
How to Make Basil Corn Chowder with Tofu
- 1Shuck corn. Into a 6 - 8 quart kettle, cut off kernals, reserving cobbs. In kettle simmer corn, cobbs, water plus salt & pepper to taste, uncovered til corn is tender about 10 - 20 minutes.
- 2Carefully pour liquid off tofu. Discard corn cobbs. Transfer half of corn mixture to a bowl.
- 3In a blender puree tofu in batches with corn mixture from bowl until smooth; transferring batches to kettle.
- 4Finely chop basil,and stir into chowder with chopped green scallions. Add salt & pepper to taste. Heat chowder over medium heat, stirring often until thoroughly heated. Enjoy.