☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/4 c
- parsnip, chopped (no need to peel)
- 1/2 c
- carrot, chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 large
- yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large
- potato, coarsely chopped (no need to peel-just wash)
- 1 tsp
- whole black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley, copped (stems included)
- bay leaf
- 3 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped
- 2 lb
- fish trimmings (heads, bones, etc)
- 4 qt
- cold water
How to Make Norwegian Fish Stock
- 1Combine all ingredients in a 6 quart stock pot. Bring to a boil, partially cover the pot, turn the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 2Strain the stock through a fine sieve into a large bowl, pressing down hard on the vegetables and fish trimmings with the back of a spoon to extract their juices. Discard solids.
- 3Wash the pot and return the strained stock to it. Reduce the stock to about 6 cups by boiling it rapidly, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.
- 4Restrain through a fine sieve or through a double thickness of cheesecloth lining a regular sieve.
- 5Use for soup or freeze for future use.