1 lbcatfish filets
1 mediumonion chopped fine
4 Tbspmargarine or butter
1 Tbspcreole seasoning
1/4 tspgarlic powder
3chicken bouillon cube
3 cpotatoes diced
1 1/2 cv-8 juice
How to Make Fish Chowder
- In a stock pot put fish,onion,water,creole seasoning,garlic,butter and chicken bouillon cubes. Bring to boil turn down to med. heat and let cook 30 min. you want your fish to fall apart.Cook uncovered,you want your water to cook down.
- Add potatoes cook until potatoes are soft.Add v-8 juice let simmer until hot DO NOT LET V-8 JUICE BOIL.If you like more broth add more v-8 juice.
- I serve with hush puppies or fried corn bread(hoe cake)its good with just crackers.
- You can add anything you want to it, like carrots,shrimp,crab,peppers,or oysters. This recipe is the way my mother-in-law fixed it.
- **** For weight watchers***** just leave out the butter, and you can leave out the potatoes,it is very good with just the broth and fish.