Champagne "Crab" Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 oz imitation crab
- 3 tbs flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 quarts milk
- 1 and 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 and 1/2 tbs butter or margarine
- 1 tsp parsley
How to Make Champagne "Crab" Soup
- 1Put the "crab" in a food processor and puree.
- 2In a saucepan, saute the celery in the butter until it is soft and yellow.
- 3Add the salt, pepper, cayenne, lemon pepper, and flour and stir. This will be thick. Turn off the heat for a minute.
- 4Stir in the pureed "crab" and mix until all the flour butter mixture is absorbed.
- 5Return to heat and stir in the milk a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- 6Add the lemon juice, champagne and parsley, heat and stir.
- 7Have a glass of the remaining champagne and enjoy.