Champagne "Crab" Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
·8 oz imitation crab
·3 tbs flour
·2 tsp salt
·2 tsp pepper
·1 tsp cayenne pepper
·2 quarts milk
·1 and 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
·1/4 cup champagne
·1 tsp lemon pepper
·2 and 1/2 tbs butter or margarine
·1 tsp parsley
How to Make Champagne "Crab" Soup
- Put the "crab" in a food processor and puree.
- In a saucepan, saute the celery in the butter until it is soft and yellow.
- Add the salt, pepper, cayenne, lemon pepper, and flour and stir. This will be thick. Turn off the heat for a minute.
- Stir in the pureed "crab" and mix until all the flour butter mixture is absorbed.
- Return to heat and stir in the milk a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Add the lemon juice, champagne and parsley, heat and stir.
- Have a glass of the remaining champagne and enjoy.