☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 cfish stock
1/2 cchopped carrots
1/4 cchopped parsnips
1 lbhalibut fillet, boneless
1/2 csliced leeks
·salt and pepper, to taste
3 Tbspfresh parsley, finely chopped
6 Tbspsour cream
How to Make Bergen Fish Soup (Bergens Fiskesuppe)
- In a large stockpot, combine stock, carrots, parsnips and fish. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. As soon as the soup reaches the boil, lower the heat and simmer
uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Add the leeks and simmer 2 or 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat, lift out the fish with a slotted spoon and set aside on a platter.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with a wire whisk; then beat in about 1/2 cup of hot soup, 1 tablespoon at a time. Pour this back into the soup in a thin stream, beating continuously with a wire whisk.
- With a fork, separate the fish into flakes and add it to the soup. Season with salt and pepper and reheat, but do not let the soup boil.
- To serve, ladle the soup into individual bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.