W D's Oyster Stew
Photo: Will Dodge cuttin firewood.
I have not tried this stew.
Probably will not.
- 8 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- celery stalks, diced
- 2 Tbsp
- clam flavored bouillon (check alongside the other bouillon at the store. if not available, no big deal)
- 1 qt
- heavy cream
- 1 pt
- raw oysters with their liquid
- freshly ground pepper to taste
How to Make W D's Oyster Stew
- 1Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in large skillet over medium heat.
Add onions and celery and cook until tender.
Reduce heat and add heavy cream and clam bouillon to pan.
- 2When mixture is almost boiling, pour oysters and their liquid in.
Stir continuously until oysters begin to curl at their ends.
When oyster curl, stew is finished cooking.
- 3Turn off heat and add remaining butter and stir until butter is melted into the stew.
Ladle into warmed bowls and season with freshly ground black pepper.