Triple Cheese Broccoli Soup
I experimented with this soup to get it to the right consistency and texture. I have it just right for my taste.
I recently served it for a luncheon and it got rave reviews!
So I declare it to be a "comfort" food even if it does have Broccoli in it.
- 1/2 c
- butter (unsalted)
- 1 medium
- yellow onion, finely chopped
- 16 oz
- package of frozen chopped brocolli
- 6 c
- chicken broth
- 2/3 c
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 c
- 1 c
- 1 lb
- processed cheese ( i use velveeta) cubed
- 2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 pkg
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic, finely chopped
How to Make Triple Cheese Broccoli Soup
- 1In a large stock pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add butter and garlic and saute until onions are tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add cornstarch and blend with a whisk until smooth.
- 2Gradually stir in chicken broth. Stir in broccoli and simmer until broccoli is tender, about 30 minutes.
- 3Slowly stir in milk, cream and water, stirring constantly.
Bring to a slow boil.
- 4Add all the cheese and stir until thoroughly melted.
Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes before serving.
You can also put it in a slow cooker to melt cheese and to keep the soup warm until ready to serve.