- 6 - 8 medi
- potatos, peeled and cut into med-small chunks
- 6 c
- 4 or 5
- carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 - 3
- stalks of celery, sliced thin
- 4 to 5 c
- 2 - 4 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 2 or 3 pinch
- black pepper
How to Make Thick Potato Soup
- 1Cut potatoes int med - small chunks. Add grated carrots and sliced celery to the water. Boil until the potatoes are tender.
- 2Drain all.
Divide mixture into 2 halves.
- 3Remove 1/2 potatoes into the saucepan.
- 4Add the remaining potato mixture into a blender in halves - until blender is about 1/2 full.
- 5Add 1 1/2 c. milk and 1 TB margarine and salt to blender and puree. Add a bit more milk if the mixture seems too thick. Pour pureed mixture into sauce pan, over the vegetables.
- 6Add remaing potato mixture and 1 - 1/2 c. milk and 1 TB margarine to the blender and puree. Add more milk if you want the puree thinner.
- 7Pour the remaining mixture back into the sauce pan,
And stir into the potatos and grated carrots mixture.
- 8If it is too thick, add milk to thin it out.
Add more salt if desired. Add pepper. And if you like it richer, add about 2 TB. more margarine.
- 9Heat until quite warm.
- 10You can top with fried, crumbled bacon; grated cheese (about 2 TB) ; or chopped chives (About 1 TB for each bowl of soup).
- 11Serve warm with a salad and a quick bread or French bread. Add fruit, if wanted.