6 - 8 medipotatos, peeled and cut into med-small chunks
4 or 5carrots, peeled and grated
2 - 3stalks of celery, sliced thin
4 to 5 cmilk
2 - 4 Tbspmargarine
2 or 3 pinchblack pepper
How to Make Thick Potato Soup
- Cut potatoes int med - small chunks. Add grated carrots and sliced celery to the water. Boil until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain all.
Divide mixture into 2 halves.
- Remove 1/2 potatoes into the saucepan.
- Add the remaining potato mixture into a blender in halves - until blender is about 1/2 full.
- Add 1 1/2 c. milk and 1 TB margarine and salt to blender and puree. Add a bit more milk if the mixture seems too thick. Pour pureed mixture into sauce pan, over the vegetables.
- Add remaing potato mixture and 1 - 1/2 c. milk and 1 TB margarine to the blender and puree. Add more milk if you want the puree thinner.
- Pour the remaining mixture back into the sauce pan,
And stir into the potatos and grated carrots mixture.
- If it is too thick, add milk to thin it out.
Add more salt if desired. Add pepper. And if you like it richer, add about 2 TB. more margarine.
- Heat until quite warm.
- You can top with fried, crumbled bacon; grated cheese (about 2 TB) ; or chopped chives (About 1 TB for each bowl of soup).
- Serve warm with a salad and a quick bread or French bread. Add fruit, if wanted.