Texan Avocado Soup
This soup is delicious hot or cold. For the final touch, scoop a dollop of Pico de Gallo into the soup. While this recipe makes four servings, each just under one cup, you may want to double it, either to accommodate more people or larger appetites.
- cups chicken broth
- very ripe, large haas avocado
- cup heavy (whipping) cream
- teaspoon ground cumin
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon white pepper
- cup dry sherry
- tablespoons fresh lemon juice
How to Make Texan Avocado Soup
- 1Heat the chicken broth until hot, not boiling. Set aside.
- 2Peel the avocado and remove the seed. Cut into several pieces, place in the food processor or blender, and purée.
- 3Turn off the blender and pour in the whipping cream, followed by the hot chicken broth, cumin, salt, white pepper, sherry and lemon juice.
- 4Pulse a few times, just until mixture is blended. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if desired.
- 5Serve immediately, or chill for at least two hours and serve.