Sweet potato soup
I got the idea for this soup after reading 2 other recipes 1 for a baked potato soup and 1 for a spicey pumpkin soup. I looked at the pile of sweet potatoes on my counter just in from the garden and I thought why not. So I took what I liked from each recipe added a few things of my own and well there you have it, its soup!
I hope you all enjoy!
3 lbsweet potatoes
1 1/2 cfinely chopped onion
2 Tbspminced garlic
16 ozchicken broth or vegatable broth
1 csour cream
1/4 tspcurry powder
1/8 tspallspice, ground
How to Make Sweet potato soup
- Bake potatoes until done. Fork tender. when cool enough to handle peel and cut into small cubes.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter. Add onion and garlic cover and cook over low heat til tender not brown.
- Add sweet potatoes to the pan and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the chicken broth and milk and stir in the sour cream.
- Add the spices and stir well ( feel free to adjust the spices to your taste. I am thinking of trying a spicier version next time using chili's)
- Over medium low heat bring soup to a simmer sirring occasionally.Let simmer aprox 30 min and serve hot.
- You can serve this topped with crutons and chives, Or with sour cream or yogurt and chives.