Potato Soup, Quick and Easy and Still from Scratch .
Just got a new camera, gonna be adding pics soon!
- 6 - 8 medium
- potatoes - not baking or russet
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- 4 - 6 slice
- turkey bacon
- 3 1/2 c
- low fat or non fat half n half
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 3/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 c
- sour cream opt.
- 3/4 c
- shredded cheddar cheese opt.
- 3/4 c
- corn or pepper relish opt.
How to Make Potato Soup, Quick and Easy and Still from Scratch .
- 1Wash potatoes and slice them with skins on into 1/4 - 1/2 inch slices. In medium saucepan cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil until tender, about 15 - 20 minutes. Drain.
- 2Slice turkey bacon into 1/2 inch slices, slice onion in same width slices, and brown/cook in large stove top sturdy pan, I use a cast iron dutch oven. This step can be done while potatoes are boiling, takes 8 minutes.
- 3Season bacon and onions with salt and peppers.
- 4Stir in balsamic vinegar.
- 5Add drained potaoes and half n half. Stir.
- 6Heat throughly in saucepan/dutch oven taking care to heat quickly and not over cook because potatoes will break down easily.
- 7I serve with a pepper relish or corn relish as condiment. My kids love some shredded cheddar and or a dollop of sour cream on top!
- 8Corn can be added to make this even heartier or to vary flavor.
Should you only have baking or Russetts on hand this makes a great side dish. Follow directions letting ingredients heat slower and as the potatoes break down they thicken making this a delightful side dish.