Potato Soup, Quick and Easy and Still from Scratch .
Just got a new camera, gonna be adding pics soon!
6 - 8 mediumpotatoes - not baking or russet
2 Tbspolive oil
4 - 6 sliceturkey bacon
3 1/2 clow fat or non fat half n half
1 tspblack pepper
3/4 tspcayenne pepper
1 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
3/4 csour cream opt.
3/4 cshredded cheddar cheese opt.
3/4 ccorn or pepper relish opt.
How to Make Potato Soup, Quick and Easy and Still from Scratch .
- Wash potatoes and slice them with skins on into 1/4 - 1/2 inch slices. In medium saucepan cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil until tender, about 15 - 20 minutes. Drain.
- Slice turkey bacon into 1/2 inch slices, slice onion in same width slices, and brown/cook in large stove top sturdy pan, I use a cast iron dutch oven. This step can be done while potatoes are boiling, takes 8 minutes.
- Season bacon and onions with salt and peppers.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Add drained potaoes and half n half. Stir.
- Heat throughly in saucepan/dutch oven taking care to heat quickly and not over cook because potatoes will break down easily.
- I serve with a pepper relish or corn relish as condiment. My kids love some shredded cheddar and or a dollop of sour cream on top!
- Corn can be added to make this even heartier or to vary flavor.
Should you only have baking or Russetts on hand this makes a great side dish. Follow directions letting ingredients heat slower and as the potatoes break down they thicken making this a delightful side dish.