Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- 1 lb
- spicy italian sausage
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, chopped
- 7 c
- chicken flavored bouillon cubes
- large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and cubed
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- medium onion, chopped
- 2 c
- chopped kale
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste.
How to Make Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- 1In a dutch oven or large soup pot over medium-high heat, brown sausage, breaking into small pieces as you fry it; drain, set aside.
- 2In the same dutch oven or large soup pot over medium-high heat, brown bacon; remove and set aside. Leave rendered bacon fat in the skillet.
- 3Saute the potatoes, onion, and garlic in the rendered bacon fat over medium or low-medium heat. Saute until the onion begins to be translucent and the potatoes have are still a little firm, but are beginning to soften.
- 4Add the sausage, bacon, 7 cups water, and 3 chicken bouillon cubes to the pot. Simmer until the potatoes are tender. Stir in cream and Kale. Let simmer for a few minutes more then serve. Garnish with green onion, cheese or whatever you prefer.