Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
I typically use whole milk but the original recipe calls for cream, so use whatever you like best.
The soup is great served with a loaf of Italian or French bread.
Some people add fresh grated Parmesan to the soup, but I prefer it without.
- 1 lb
- ground pork
- 1 lb
- italian sausage
- 6 medium
- yukon gold potatoes
- 1-2 c
- 1 c
- whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 qt
- 1 box
- chicken broth (32 oz)
- 1/2 large
- 2 clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes, optional
How to Make Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- 1Crumble ground pork and italian sausage into stockpot. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- 2Wash and slice the potatoes about 1/4 inch thick, dice onions and mince garlic. Add potatoes, onion, garlic, chicken broth, and water to stockpot and cook on medium heat until potatoes are just cooked through. Add sausage and salt and pepper and red pepper flakes (optional). Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3While that is simmering, chop kale into bite sized pieces. Add kale and milk or cream to stockpot. Heat through and serve.