My Garlicky Bread Soup
2 Tbspolive oil
2 cchopped onions
1/4 cfinely chopoped fresh garlic
2quarts of chicken stock
2 cof day old french bread
1/2 cheavy cream
1/2 cgrated parmigiano reggiano cheese
·pepper and salt to taste
·chopped parsley for garnish if desired
How to Make My Garlicky Bread Soup
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute until slightly caramelized, about 6 to 8 minutes.
(don't let them get dark brown)
- Stir in the chicken stock.
- Bring the liquid up to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add the bread and turn the heat up and whisk in the bread and cream.
- Continue whisking until the bread has dissolved into the soup, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and with a hand-held blender, puree the soup until smooth.
(you can place the soup in a blender and puree if you don't have a hand-held one) Being careful not to burn yourself.
- Whisk in the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls and serve.
*Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.