Loaded Baked Potato Soup
MAKE A ROUX
7 c2% milk
ADDING THE MEAT AND POTATOES TO THE MIX
3+ cbaked potatoes....skins off and diced into chunks
1 bunchgreen onions, including tops sliced thin
1 1/2 ccooked bacon, crumbled (i used thick cherrywood smoked bacon and chopped it up before frying)
1 1/2 csharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 csour cream
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Melt butter in a good-sized stock pot. Stir in the flour and make a roux like you would for gravy.
- Stir continuously for 4-5 minutes....you don't want a "flour" taste.
- Slowly add the milk stirring continuously. Do not allow clumps to form....use a whisk if necessary....but it won't. Cook this, stirring frequently until thickened....about 7 minutes.
- Cut up and dice 1 1/2 cups of bacon....fry that while you are bringing the milk up to thicken.
- Add cubed baked potatoes and green onions.....let it come to a simmer.
- Now add the cheese, sour cream and the cooked bacon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.