Dad's Potato Soup
He would make this soup on a Sunday and we'd come over and share. This recipe is a small one so it you have more than 4 people you'd better double...it's that good!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 largebaking potatoes
2/3 cbutter, melted
1 1/4 ccheddar cheese--grated
8 ozsour cream
How to Make Dad's Potato Soup
- Wash and prick potatoes. Bake one hour and cool.
- Cut potatoes long wise and scoop out pulp. Set pulp aside. I leave a bit of potato in the skin and reserve to make baked potato skins to go along with the soup.
- Melt butter on low. Stir in flour and cook for one minute.
- Slowly add the milk while stirring with a whisk. Keep cooking on medium until thick and bubbly.
- Add potato pulp, salt and pepper, two tablespoons of green onion, 1/2 cup of bacon and one cup of cheese. Mix well and cook until heated through.
- Stir in the sour cream. Add more milk if the soup is too thick.
- Serve with the rest of the green onion, bacon and cheese sprinkled on top.