Creamy Potato Garlic Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 lb
- white potatoes, scrubbed & sliced into 1/4" rounds
- 1 large
- onion, sliced thin
- 1 tsp
- 6 c
- chicken broth
- 4-6 clove
- garlic, to taste
- 1 c
- heavy cream or half & half
How to Make Creamy Potato Garlic Soup
- 1Place the sliced potatoes, onion, salt chicken broth and garlic into the crock of a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- 2Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Near the end of cooking time, test the potatoes by pricking with a fork. They should easily break and fall apart.
- 3Remove lid and puree the soup with a hand held stick blender, in a food processor or blender. Puree in small batches to avoid hot splashes of soup.
- 4Return the soup to the crock and add the heavy cream. IMPORTANT - HEAT CAREFULLY; DON'T LET IT COME TO A BOIL.
- 5Serve hot with your choice of toppings. Shredded cheddar cheese and bacon makes a fantastic dish that tastes like your favorite baked potato with toppings!