Creamy Potato Garlic Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbwhite potatoes, scrubbed & sliced into 1/4" rounds
1 largeonion, sliced thin
6 cchicken broth
4-6 clovegarlic, to taste
1 cheavy cream or half & half
How to Make Creamy Potato Garlic Soup
- Place the sliced potatoes, onion, salt chicken broth and garlic into the crock of a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Near the end of cooking time, test the potatoes by pricking with a fork. They should easily break and fall apart.
- Remove lid and puree the soup with a hand held stick blender, in a food processor or blender. Puree in small batches to avoid hot splashes of soup.
- Return the soup to the crock and add the heavy cream. IMPORTANT - HEAT CAREFULLY; DON'T LET IT COME TO A BOIL.
- Serve hot with your choice of toppings. Shredded cheddar cheese and bacon makes a fantastic dish that tastes like your favorite baked potato with toppings!