Creamy Country Potato Soup
- 5 lb bag(s)
- russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- carrots peeled and chopped
- celery stalks choppd
- 1 small
- onion diced
- 1 qt
- heavy cream
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp
- garlic powder or to taste
- 1/2 c
- dried parsely or 1/4 cup fresh chopped.
- 1 lb
- cooked crispy bacon
- cheddar cheese, grated
How to Make Creamy Country Potato Soup
- 1Peel poataoes
Cube potatoes and put on to boil in salted water for about 25 min or until soft. Do not throw out all the water, keep at least 2 cups of potato water.
- 2Fry bacon until crisp. drain on paper towl.
Peel carrots and chop
Place carrots, celery, and onion in pan with 3 tablspoons of butter, add salt and pepper to taste and 1 tablespoon of garlic powder and saute until soft.
- 3When potatoes are done and you drain them all but 2 cups of the water, mash up potatoes.
Add celery, onion and carrots.
On medium low heat add in heavy cream stirring, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of garlic powder and butter stirring. Add chopped parsely and salt and pepper to taste. If too thick you can add milk to desired consistancy.
- 4Serve with grated cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
Delicious on a cold night, the perfect comfort food.