"Creamed Potato and Pumpkin Soup"
Saritah Cuisiner qualifie'
- 2 ounces butter or 2 ounces margarine
- 2 onions , peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 2 lbs pumpkin , peeled and diced
- 12 ounces potatoes , peeled and diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock or 2 ½ cups vegetable stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- freshly chopped coriander (cilantro) or parsley (to garnish)
How to Make "Creamed Potato and Pumpkin Soup"
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan and sauté onions and garlic very gently until soft but not browned.
- 2Add pumpkin and potatoes and cook for a few minutes, then add tomato paste, stock, seasonings, lemon juice and allspice and bring to boil.
- 3Cover pan and simmer gently for about 40 minutes or until very tender.
- 4Puree in a blender or food processor and return to a clean pan.
- 5Add milk and bring back to boil, whisking continuously. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Adjust seasonings and stir in sour cream.
- 6Reheat and serve sprinkled generously with coriander or parsley.
- 7Without the addition of cream this soup may be frozen for up to 3 months.