"Creamed Potato and Pumpkin Soup"
Saritah Cuisiner qualifie'
·2 ounces butter or 2 ounces margarine
·2 onions , peeled and sliced
·1 garlic clove , crushed
·2 lbs pumpkin , peeled and diced
·12 ounces potatoes , peeled and diced
·1 ½ teaspoons tomato paste
·2 ½ cups chicken stock or 2 ½ cups vegetable stock
·salt & freshly ground black pepper
·1 teaspoon lemon juice
·½ teaspoon ground allspice
·2 ½ cups milk
·6 tablespoons sour cream
·freshly chopped coriander (cilantro) or parsley (to garnish)
How to Make "Creamed Potato and Pumpkin Soup"
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and sauté onions and garlic very gently until soft but not browned.
- Add pumpkin and potatoes and cook for a few minutes, then add tomato paste, stock, seasonings, lemon juice and allspice and bring to boil.
- Cover pan and simmer gently for about 40 minutes or until very tender.
- Puree in a blender or food processor and return to a clean pan.
- Add milk and bring back to boil, whisking continuously. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Adjust seasonings and stir in sour cream.
- Reheat and serve sprinkled generously with coriander or parsley.
- Without the addition of cream this soup may be frozen for up to 3 months.