Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Recipe/photo from Diabetic Connect.
·3 t butter
·3/4 c diced onion
·3/4 c diced celery
·1 quart homemade chicken broth (no salt)
·1 10oz package frozen cauliflower
·1/2 c half & half
·salt and pepper to taste
·recipe and picture from diabetic connect
How to Make Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- Melt butter over low heat and saute your onions and celery until they are translucent.
- In a large pot, combine the sauted veggies with broth and cauliflower. Simmer unitl the cauliflower is tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the veggies from the pot and place into a blender. Carefully pour as much broth as will fit into the blender and puree until smooth. (let the steam vent thru your lid a little to prevent decorating your cabinets with HOT cauliflower)
- Pour your pureed mixture back into the pan and add your cream, salt and pepper.
- This is soooooo smooth! It is better than cream potato soup, the texture is much more fine
- If you want to reduce some calories, use skim milk or even low fat sour cream instead of the half & half.
- Zest it up Options: Add 1/4 C american cheese and melt into the soup.
Top with fresh parsley sprigs Add 1/4 t of nutmeg or mace
- ***Nutritional Facts
Each serving without options