Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Recipe/photo from Diabetic Connect.
- 3 t butter
- 3/4 c diced onion
- 3/4 c diced celery
- 1 quart homemade chicken broth (no salt)
- 1 10oz package frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 c half & half
- salt and pepper to taste
- recipe and picture from diabetic connect
How to Make Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- 1Melt butter over low heat and saute your onions and celery until they are translucent.
- 2In a large pot, combine the sauted veggies with broth and cauliflower. Simmer unitl the cauliflower is tender.
- 3With a slotted spoon, remove the veggies from the pot and place into a blender. Carefully pour as much broth as will fit into the blender and puree until smooth. (let the steam vent thru your lid a little to prevent decorating your cabinets with HOT cauliflower)
- 4Pour your pureed mixture back into the pan and add your cream, salt and pepper.
- 5This is soooooo smooth! It is better than cream potato soup, the texture is much more fine
- 6If you want to reduce some calories, use skim milk or even low fat sour cream instead of the half & half.
- 7Zest it up Options: Add 1/4 C american cheese and melt into the soup.
Top with fresh parsley sprigs Add 1/4 t of nutmeg or mace
- 8***Nutritional Facts
Each serving without options