- 2 c
- peeled, diced potatoes
- 1 1/4 can(s)
- sliced carrots
- leek, washed and sliced (white part only)
- 3 c
- chicken broth
- 1 pinch
- white pepper
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- shredded raw carrot, for garnish
How to Make Carrot Vichyssoise
- 1In a sauce pan, combine potatoes, carrots, leek and broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 25 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- 2Puree half of the cooked vegetables and broth in a blender for 30 seconds. Empty into mixing bowl and repeat with remaining vegetables. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- 3Stir in pepper, salt and cold cream.
Serve in chilled bowls with a topping of the shredded carrot.