Tru Tater Stew
- 5 medium
- potatoes, cubed and covered with water
- 10 slice
- bacon, minced
- 2 medium
- smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 bunch
- green onions (divide in half)
- 1 medium
- onion minced
- 14.75 oz can cream corn
- 15.25 oz can whole kernel corn (draining liquid into 4 cup measuring cup)
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded (divide in half)
- 2/3 c
- 1 stick
- half and half
- salt and pepper
How to Make Tru Tater Stew
- 1Prepare all ingredients and set aside.
- 2Boil potatoes, adding 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook 15 minutes, drain liquid into 4 cup measuring cup holding drained liquid from corn. Top off with half and half to make 4 cups. Set aside.
- 3In deep 10 inch skillet on med high heat saute bacon, onions, and half the green onions until soft. Add sliced sausage and saute 5 minutes more. Pour mixture in pot with potatoes.
- 4Melt butter in the same skillet used for sauteing. Add the flour to melted butter and make a roux. Do not burn. Once rue is smooth and golden yellow add the reserved liquids, and all remaining ingredients except half of the cheddar cheese and remaining green onions. At this time you can add additional half and half to bring to within an inch of the top of pan. Add 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Before serving, top with remaining cheddar cheese and green onions. Tear off some french bread and enjoy.