THE BEST EVER CORN CHOWDER
- 1 Tbsp
- high-heat oil (safflower or grapeseed)
- 1 large
- white onion, diced small
- 6-in. celery stalks, diced small
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 6 c
- vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 c
- frozen corn
- 1 tsp
- mccormick's old bay seasoning
- yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch
- chives, chopped
How to Make THE BEST EVER CORN CHOWDER
- 1In a large soup pot, heat the oil over high heat. Add onion and celery and saute for 2 or 3 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 2To this mixture, add the flour and stir until well blended. Add the broth a little at a time, stirring and scraping down sides of pot. Add corn and Old Bay Seasoning; simmer until the soup has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 3In a blender, puree half the soup until smooth. Pour this back into the pot and add the potatoes.
- 4Simmer until the potatoes are cooked or about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve garnished with chopped chives.
- 5NOTE: If you don't have safflower or grapeseed oil, you may use regular oil, but don't use high heat. It may take an extra few minutes for the onion and celery to become translucent.