Roasted Corn Chowder
2 pkgfrozen corn kernels, thawed
1 Tbspolive oil
1red onion, finely chopped
2celery stalks with leaves, thinly sliced
1 Tbspall purpose flour
3 clow-sodium vegetable broth
8tiny red potatoes
1/8 tspblack pepper
1/2 cchopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Roasted Corn Chowder
- Preheat the oven to 425 f. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with spray.
- spread the corn on the prepared baking sheet and roast until lightly brown, 25 minutes, stirring twice during cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over med heat. add onions and cook, until soften , stirring occasionally, for 5 minute. Add celery and cook until softened for 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly,to avoid browning..(don't return brown) just trying to cook of the favor of the flour..
- Gradually stir in the broth until blended. Stir in the corn, potatoes, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, string occasionally, until the potatoes are fork-tender, 15 minutes. Let cook 5 minutes. Puree 2 cups of the chowder in a blender or food processor.
- Stir in the remaining cup to the puree and parsley into the chowder. divide the soup into 4 bowls and sprinkle with cheese