Potato Corn Chowder
NOTE: You can add White chicken breast to turn it into Chicken Potato Corn Chowder.
- 6 large
- potatoes (peeled n diced)
- 4 can(s)
- sweet corn *do not drain
- 1 large
- onion (diced)
- 1 stick
- butter *can use margarine but it takes something away from it.
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 1 tsp
- potato masher
How to Make Potato Corn Chowder
- 1Peel and dice the 6 Large Potatoes and the 1 Large Onion. Place in Sauce pan. Fill water til just barely covering the Potatoes.
**When done pour all including what water that is left in the pan, into a Large Soup Pot. Put back into burner on low to simmer.
- 2Open the 4 cans of corn *Do not drain
Pour into the Soup pot and stir all together.
- 3Cut one stick of Butter into slices and add little by little into the ingredients in the Pot.
- 4Add the salt and Pepper and mix well.
- 5Now pour the Evaporated Milk into the pot while simmering and stir well...
- 6Take the Potato masher and gently mash a few of the potatoes in the bottom of the pot but not all. Just to make it a little creamier.
- 7Turn up heat a little and keep stirring...Watch closely do not Scald bottom of pan. Stirring constantly.
- 8Break one egg into a cup, mix well...Add some of the chowder broth into the cup and stir vigorously.
Add to the chowder slowly stirring briskly until its all in...Turn the heat down and continue to stir a while longer...Adding salt to taste.