- 1 box
- chicken broth
- 3 large
- red potatoes,cleaned,diced
- 1 small
- 1 1/2 c
- ham,or cooked bacon, chopped in bite-sized pieces (opt.)
- 1 pkg
- frozen mixed vegetable,(opt.)
- 1 large
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- garlic and herb seasoning
How to Make Potato Soup with Rivels
- 1Scrub, and remove any blemishes from potatoes.Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 2Place chicken broth into large saucepan,or dutch oven,with potatoes, and onions and cook until tender.Do NOT drain.Add optional meat,and mixed vegetable, and cook until hot.(you may need to add a little more water-a cup is ok.)Also add garlic, and herb seasonings,now.
- 3Meanwhile,in a small bowl, mix together salt,and flour,mix well.Add one whole egg to this.Mix until lumps of dough form.These are the rivels.Not all flour will be incorporated.
- 4Whisk this quickly into the boiling soup mixture.Soup should immediately begin to thicken.Reduce heat to low, and cook for a few minutes longer,stirring often to prevent sticking.
[The rivels are like little dumplings.] Serve.