White Chicken Chili
It is so tasty, I will probably double this version in the future, so we can have left overs. :)
This version uses already cooked rotisserie chicken leftovers, making it very quick if you need it to be. Just cook the onion well before adding the rest of the ingredients, and simmer for as short as you need.
- onion, chopped small
- breast meat from one rotisserie chicken
- 1 tsp
- lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp
- cumin seeds
- garlic cloves, diced, or garlic powder, to preference
- 1 can(s)
- cannellini beans (or great northern), with liquid (i found in mexican food section)
- 2/3 can(s)
- water (use bean can to measure...this can be adjusted; add more if needed while cooking)
- 1 can(s)
- diced green chilis
- 1-2 tsp
- cumin powder
- 2-3 Tbsp
- lime juice
- tortilla chips
- pepper jack, monterey jack, cheddar, or mozzarella cheese; grated
SERVE WITH MOIST CORNBREAD WITH HONEYLIME BUTTER
How to Make White Chicken Chili
- 1In large pot, heat onions, cumin seeds, & garlic, if using fresh (can skip if you plan to simmer for long enough.) Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a low boil, and simmer on low. Best when left to simmer for a couple hours to let flavors blend, but still tasty if you are in a rush. Taste & feel free to add some black pepper, or more lime or cumin, if you'd like.
- 2While it is simmering, bake the "moist cornbread with HoneyLime butter" recipe I also have posted. It is worth it!
You can always add sweet white corn to the chili, if you'd like...which I'd recommend if you aren't baking the cornbread.
- 3* I now use a large onion, 1/2 of all the meat (not just breast) from a rotisserie chicken, and 2 cans of the beans...which gives us the right amount of left overs.