Tasty Shiitaki Chickpea Chili
There are very few non-Asian recipes that call for shiitake mushrooms. This one has more of a Mexican flavor and was adapted from thekitchn.com/recipe-chorizo-chili-w...
4 to 6 ozchorizo (mexican sausage)
4 to 6 ozshiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
3 ccelery, thinly sliced
3/4 cfresh cilantro, minced
1 can(s)garbanzo beans(about 15 ounces), drained.
2 cbeef stock
1 Tbspcider vinegar
1/2 tspground cumin
1/2 tspsalt, to taste
How to Make Tasty Shiitaki Chickpea Chili
- Preheat oven to 325F. Remove the casings from the chorizo and discard. Break up the meat into small pieces.
- In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, cook chorizo, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and celery. Saute an additional 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro, garlic, garbanzo beans, broth and cumin. Bring to a boil. Use whole garlic cloves and remove before serving or use chopped garlic for a stronger garlic taste.
- Cover and move pan to the middle of the oven. Allow to simmer in the oven for 30 minutes. Do not allow the mixture to become dry and possibly scorch. It should still have some broth remaining.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt. Serve hot in soup bowls.