Spicy sausage & black bean chili
- 19 oz pkgs hot sausage links, casings removed
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 3 tsp
- minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 15 oz can red kidney beans, drained
- 1-1/2 c
- frozen corn kernels
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp
- tomato paste
- 1 c
- beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded mexican style cheese, sour cream as garnishes
How to Make Spicy sausage & black bean chili
- 1Spray a lg pot w/ cooking spray. Saute sausage, breaking it up as it coks until crumbly and browned. Stir in onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- 2Cook until onions are soft. Add broth, simmer 5 mins. Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste, simmer uncovered on med-low about 10 mins.
- 3Stir occasionally. Season w/ salt and pepper, stir in beans and corn. Simmer 10 mins, stirring occasionally. Serve w/ garnishes and tortilla chips.