★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lblean ground beef (at least 80% lean) or ground turkey
1 mediumonion, chopped (~ 1/2 cup)
16 ozthick and chunky salsa
15 oztomato sauce
4 1/2 ozchopped green chiles (1 small can)
2 tspchili powder
1 can(s)pinto beans, drained and rinsed (15 or 16 oz)
·shredded cheddar cheese, if desired
·sliced green onions, if desired
How to Make Slow Cooker Salsa Chili
- Cook beef/ turkey with onion in skillet over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occaisionally, until thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- In a 3 - 4 quart slow cooker, mix beef/ turkey mixture and the remaining ingredients except beans.
- Cover and cook on the Low heat setting for 8 - 10 hours.
- Stir in beans. Cover and continue to cook for another 5 minutes to heat the beans. Top with cheese and onions if desired.
- Vary this recipe by using black beans. If you prefer a milder chili, use mild salsa and a little less chili powder.
- This recipe can be doubled: use a 5 - 6 quart slow cooker and cook for the same amount of time.