OK, Easy Tasty Chili
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground chuck
- onion, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1-2 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 1-2 tsp
- ground cumin (optional)
- 1 tsp
- 1 small
- can enchilada sauce
- 2 can(s)
- pinto beans or red kidney beans
How to Make OK, Easy Tasty Chili
- 1Brown the ground chuck with the onion in a dutch oven until it is very brown and crumbly.
- 2Stir in Ro-tel, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in enchilada sauce and beans with liquid. Bring back to a simmer and cook about 20 minutes.
For a great homemade taste, place chili in a dutch oven in your oven set to 250° and bake for 1 hour. Or, turn into a crock pot set on high for at least 2 hours.
- 4This recipe can be enhanced with a couple of ethnic ingredients, which not all people keep on hand, but really add a lot of flavor to chili.
1 > for extra heat, stir in 1/2 to 1 small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
2 > if there are a lot of guys waiting to eat this chili, stir in a bottle of dark beer at the beginning of step 3.
3 > you may add 1-2 packages of Sazon Goya con Azafran during step 2.