Grilled Chili Cheese Sandwich
Mary Ann Thompson
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 slice
- bread, your choice
- 1 slice
- cheese, your choice
- 1 slice
- butter or margarine for bread
- chili powder to taste
How to Make Grilled Chili Cheese Sandwich
- 1Preheat skillet over medium heat. Using a small amount of vegetable oil or butter, sautee onion until desired doneness / carmalization. (I like mine well carmalized and sweet! So do most kids!) Remove onion from skillet.
- 2Melt enough butter in skillet to cover both sides of 2 slices of bread. Let brown on one side and turn slices. Place a slice of cheese on top of one of the slices of bread. Sprinkle Chili Powder over the cheese. Top with onions.
- 3Place the other slice of bread on top of the sandwich. Lightly press down on top. Continue to heat in skillet over medium heat, turning frequently until heated through. Remove from skillet and place on plate. Cut in half. Serve with tomato soup for a fast, satisfying meal.
- 4Please remember, this recipe was tested for items our clients could easily obtain. Using different types of bread / cheeses can make for some very tasty sandwiches and or appetizers! The possibilities are endless!