- 5 can(s)
- dark or light kidney beans ( i use the dark)
- 2/16 oz
- diced tomatoes
- 1 large
- yellow onion
- 1 large
- green bell pepper
- 3-5 lb
- ground beef - hamburg
- 2 Tbsp
- chili powder ( leave out if, your serving small children )
- 1 pkg
- chili mix ( hot or not ) brand ? well you decide.
- 2/15 oz
- tomato sauce
- 1 can(s)
- tomato paste, no salt added ( your salt is in the other ingredients) for thicker chili you can add another can.
- 2/3 dash(es)
- tabasco sauce ( this is better than pepper)
- 1 pinch
- cyan pepper ( leave out if serving children)
- 1 c
- water optional
DAD ALWAYS LIKE HIS CHILI HOT, SAVED MORE FOR HIM : ) I LEARNT TO ADJUST IT . YOU CAN TOO.
How to Make DAD's Chili
- 1Best to have everything close and in easy reaching distance . let's go > Dice onion, chop bell pepper.Using a large skillet place ground beef/ hamburg and onion. Brown and drain of fat. Add bell pepper and continue simmering low heat with lid.
- 2While your beef is simmering open all your cans Drain kidney beans ALL BUT ONE CAN. In Large pot dump caned kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce. Add your Beef ,onions and pepper to lg. pot stir it all up.Add your chili mix , chili powder,cyan pepper and tomato paste .Stir It all up
- 3simmer it till it's all hot ) remember everything is already cooked . Now your dashing with the Tabasco saute .. less or more your decide, too thick add some water. Enjoy.