Chicken Chile, White but not light!
Take no offense please, but if you cannot get the correct ingredients, don't attempt to make this...there is just no way to substitute and expect to come up with the same rich flavors and bold overtones that the specific peppers provide--it's not subtle.
More pepper makes it "pinker," you can adjust the heat. Make it mellow or spicy with the amount of the peppers... Use of the specific ingredients WILL give you a delicious, rich, white chili like no other.
- rotisserie chicken, deboned
- 1 or 2 can(s)
- chicken breast (13 oz) drained
- fresh poblano peppers seeded and diced
- 1 large
- sweet onion diced
- 5 clove
- garlic (roasted if on hand) minced
- 4 can(s)
- white cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- ground red chipotle pepper (i use penzeys ordered on line)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground anchero pepper (also penzeys)
- 1 tsp
- 1 qt
- low sodium chicken broth
- 1 qt
- broth you have rendered from the deboned chicken
- 3 c
- grated sharp white cheddar cheese
How to Make Chicken Chile, White but not light!
- 2Saute onion, minced poblano pepper, and garlic until just opaque. Add all seasonings and stir to begin releasing the aromas. Add both the low salt broth and the rendered stock along with the bite sized chicken meat and canned chicken meat. Cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Vegetables should be tender. Broth should be flavorful.