Very Easy Delicious Potato Leek Soup
Mary Ann Madajewski
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or oil
- large peeled potatoes cut in small cubes
- 3 or 4
- leeks white and light green parts washed well and sliced into small pieces
- several dash(es)
- salt and pepper
- 6 c
- chicken broth or stock
How to Make Very Easy Delicious Potato Leek Soup
- 1Melt butter in large pot, add potatoes and leeks. sprinkle salt and pepper to taste on vegetables. Cook and stir occasionaly to soften.
- 2Add broth or stock, simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 25 minutes or longer if need be.
- 3I have found that a longer simmer produces a richer flavored soup. My family does not like creamy soups but if you like you can add fresh cream to your soup last few minutes. I like it that way but need to please the family.
Optional few sliced carrots. Some cooked noodles.